Dr. Kishor Adhikari
Associate Professor & Associate Director (CLC)
B.S., M.A. (Tribhuvan University);
M.S. (Bethany University);
Ph. D. (Christ University, Bangalore)
Dr. Kishor Adhikari has a doctoral level training in Psychology under the supervision of Dr. Stanley Krippner (Past President of International Division of APA), with significant academic and professional experience in psychotherapy, counseling, coaching, and mentoring training, and education. His expertise is built over years of experience both in industry and academia in Silicon Valley, California, Bengaluru, and in Nepal. He also has professional level expertise in employee assistant program (EAP).
He has received Nepal Bidya Bhusan Padak Class A & B for his academic achievements from Government of Nepal in 2018. He has also received Information Communication Technology Award 2018 for the technological innovation in psychometric assessment in Nepal. He is also a founder of People Development Lab Pvt. Ltd. He is a member of the board of directors of the Institute of Crisis management and Studies (ICMS), Kathmandu. He worked as the principal of ICMS before he joined JGU (O.P. Jindal Global University). Besides teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in Psychology, he also teaches career development and International HRM, and HRD Strategies to MBA students as an adjunct faculty in multiple colleges. Furthermore, Dr Adhikari is deeply involved in entrepreneurial development of youths.
Current Area of Research Interest
- Mindfulness & Positive Psychology
- Measures of Cognitive Functions
- Counselling and Mental Health (Psychopathology)
- Career Decision
- Concept Mapping
- Training and Development
- Research Methodologies (Including Qualitative Techniques)
- Psychology & Law (Lately, I am also enrolled in LLB degree
Selected Academic Articles
- Adhikari, K, et. al., (2016). Impact of short term Vipassana meditation on cognitive function (submitted for publication)
- Adhikari, K., Mitra, D., & Kothari, F. (2015). Concept Mapping of Issues of Students’ Life in University. Psychological Studies, 1–10. http://doi.org/10.1007/s12646-015-0341-7
- Krippner, S., Pitchford, D., Davies, J., & Adhikari, K. (2012). Rethinking Human Values. NeuroQuantology, 10(4). Retrieved from http://neuroquantology.com/index.php/journal/article/view/604/547
- Adhikari, K. (2012). The Search for Universal Values. IOSR Journal of Humanities and Social Science, 2(1), 69–72. doi:10.9790/0837-0216972
- Adhikari, K. (2012). Study of the Effect of Vipassana on Anxiety and Depression. International Journal of Psychology and Behavioral Sciences, 2(6), 274–276. doi:10.5923/j.ijpbs.20120206.11
- Mary T. M. J., & Adhikari, K. (December 2012). Association between emotional intelligence and marital quality of married couples. International Journal of Physical and Social Sciences, 2(12), 223-235.
Selected General Articles
- Adhikari, K. (June, 2015). Living In Awareness. Retrieved September 9, 2015, from http://www.speakingtree.in/article/living-in-awareness
- Adhikari, K. (2007). Dealing with attention disorders. The Himalayan Times.
- Adhikari, K. (2006). Motivational conflicts and frustration. Prahari, 1(1).
- Adhikari, K. (2005). Tension headache and hypertension: Study of anxiety and depression in psychophysiological disorders (Unpublished Master Dissertation), Tribhuvan University, Kathmandu.
- Adhikari, K. (2005). Sadism in sexuality. Monodarpan, 1(1), 12-15.
- Adhikari, K. (2005). A review of Yakolev’s model of neurobehavioral anatomy. Paper presented at the