Art therapy, psycholinguistics
, positive psychology, psychobiography
Dr. Iryna Soroka
Associate Professor and Assistant Director (CLC)
Specialist Diploma (National Pedagogical Dragomanov University); Ph.D. (KROK University, Ukraine)
Dr. Iryna Soroka from Kyiv, Ukraine has been interested in psychology since she was a student, despite the fact that her first education was in the field of linguistics (majored in English language and literature). She actively engaged in studying psychology in 2011, when she enrolled in doctoral studies in organizational psychology (Thesis: “Psychological prevention of conflicts in higher educational institutions”).
In 2012, she won an Erasmus Mundus grant and continued her research in one of the oldest European universities, Pécs University, Hungary. She has participated and presented research papers at various scientific conferences in Ukraine, Poland, Moldova, Hungary, Serbia. She took part in exchange programmes and internship in Munich (Germany) and Warsaw (Poland). She is the co-author of two manuals for universities: “Management English” and “Business aspects” and the primary author of “English for psychology students”. She has published more than 20 scientific articles.
From 2014 to 2017, she took part in projects by British Council “English for civil servants” (taught at the Ministry of Justice and Cabinet of Ministers, Ukraine). She has trained and given workshops for a wide range of audience aged 14-55 yrs and on different topics, including “Problems of bullying at schools”, “Leadership”, “Time management”, “Conflict management” etc.
Pirozhenko,T. & Khartman, O. & Soroka, I. (2021). The Features of Pre-School and Primary School Children’s Value Formation Process and the Development of their World Views. Psychological Journal, 7 (5), 38-49.
Soroka, I., Zasluzhena, A. (2021). SWOT Analysis of Teaching Process at Universities During COVID-19 Pandemic. Psychological Journal, 7 (8), 82-90. https://doi.org/10.31108/1.2021.7.8.7
Soroka I. (2020). Specifics of Teaching Conflict Management Course at University. Modern Approaches to Knowledge Management Development. Ljubljana School of Business, 344-355.
Soroka I. (2019). The ways of researching ESP learners’ needs as seen by teachers of Ukrainian universities. Advanced Education, Special Issue 11. pp.4-9. DOI: 10.20535/2410-8286.120626 (http://ae.fl.kpi.ua/article/view/120626/166832)
Soroka I.A. (2019) Legal English: particularities and challenges of teaching. Aктуальні проблеми філології та перекладознавства : зб. наук. праць / ред. Кол. : Ю.П. Бойко, О. В. Ємець, Л.І. Бєлєхова та ін. Хмельницький : ХНУ, Вип. 15. p.73 – 76.
Pirozhenko, T., & Soroka, I. (2018). Tendency and Dynamics of Communicative-Speech Development of a Preschool Age Child. Psycholinguistics, 24(1), 289-303. Doi: 10.31470/2309-1797-2018-24-1-289-303
Soroka, I. (2019). Methodology of scientific research: methodological guidelines. Kyiv: “KROK” University. 43 p.
Soroka, I. (2017). English for Psychology students. Kyiv : ″KROK″ University. 205 p.
- Soroka I. (2021). Specifics of Conflicts in the Student Environment. Results of modern scientific research and development. Proceedings of the 4th International scientific and practical conference. Barca Academy Publishing. Madrid, Spain. Pp. 203-209. URL: https://sci-conf.com.ua/iv-mezhdunarodnaya-nauchno-prakticheskayakonferentsiya-results-of-modern-scientific-research-and-development-28-30-iyunya2021-goda-madrid-ispaniya-arhiv/.
- Soroka I., Tekchandani R. (2021). Psychobiography as a Scientific Method: Actual trends of modern scientific research. Abstracts of the 7th International scientific and practical conference. MDPC Publishing. Munich, Germany. Pp. 417-420.
- Soroka, I. (2020). Psychological dimensions of emotional intelligence and EQ assessment [Paper presentation]. In Southern Foundation of Pedagogy. Priority directions of development of modern pedagogical and psychological sciences: Collection of scientific works of participants of the international scientific and practical conference, Odesa, Ukraine. Pp. 20-21.
- Soroka, I. (2020). Cross-cultural behaviour: Ukraine versus India [Paper presentation]. In East Ukrainian organization “Center for Pedagogical Research”. Priority areas for solving current problems of upbringing and education: Collection of scientific works of the international scientific and practical conference, Kharkiv, Ukraine. Pp. 60-63.
- Soroka, I. (2020). Psychological models of conflict management in organizations. World science: problems, prospects and innovations. Abstracts of the 2nd International scientific and practical conference. Perfect Publishing. Toronto, Canada. Pp. 165-168
- Soroka, I. A. (2020). Patterns of cross-cultural behaviour: Indian outlook [Paper presentation]. International scientific and practical conference «Current trends and factors of the development of pedagogical and psychological sciences in Ukraine and EU countries»: conference proceedings, September 25–26, 2020. Lublin: Izdevnieciba, Baltija Publishing, 1,192-194.