Authentic happiness, Quality of Life, Mental Toughness, Job Crafting, Knowledge Hiding, Recruitment practices using professional social media platforms.
Dr. Namita Ruparel
B.A., M. Sc. (St. Francis College for Women, Osmania University), Ph.D. (BITS Pilani, Pilani Campus)
Dr. Namita Ruparel serves as Assistant Professor at Jindal Institute of Behavioral Sciences (JIBS), O. P. Jindal Global University. She carries two years of professional experience in teaching and research. She received her Ph.D. in Organizational Psychology from Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, Pilani Campus. Thereafter, she has taught Organizational behaviour and human resource management at Woxsen School of Business. Her research focuses on identifying the antecedents of employee happiness and quality of life. Dr Ruparel has been associated with Division 15 – Psychology Students of International Association of Applied Psychology. In her association, she has served as Asia’s Ambassador (April-19 to March-20) and Secretary (March-20 to January-21). She was selected as a trainee at Advanced Research Training Seminar sponsored by International Associated of Applied Psychology at Montreal, Canada.
Dr Ruparel has taught subjects of Organizational behaviour, Human resource management, Human resource analytics, Talent acquisition and retention, Managing people and organizations and Strategic human resources at reputed business schools of India.
The primary focus of Dr Ruparel’s research is on measuring levels of happiness and quality of life among employees. Her research also branches into scale development and validation. Dr Ruparel has developed and validated the Mental Toughness Scale, which can be used to measure mental toughness among employees. Dr Ruparel has published research papers in areas of personal internet use at workplace, professional social media platforms and recruitment processes, employee knowledge hiding.
- Ruparel, N., Choubisa, R., Seth, H. & Nagpal G. (Accepted). Does Time Perspective Influence Knowledge Hiding? Empirical Evidence from Indian Employees. Development and Learning in Organizations.
- Tandon, A., Kaur, P., Ruparel, N., Islam, J. & Dhir, A. (Accepted). Cyberloafing and Cyberslacking in the Workplace: Systematic Literature Review of Past Achievements and Future Promises. Internet Research.
- Ruparel, N., Choubisa, R., Seth, H. & Dubey, S. (2022). Mental toughness for employees: towards conceptual clarity and scale development, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management. https://doi.org/10.1108/IJPPM-01-2021-0011
- Ruparel, N., Choubisa, R.and Seth, H. (2022), Imagining positive workplaces: extrapolating relationships between job crafting, mental toughness and authentic happiness in millennial employees, Management Research Review, 45 (5), 599-618. https://doi.org/10.1108/MRR-01-2021-0083
- Ruparel, N. (2020). Mental toughness: Promising new paradigms for the workplace. Cogent Psychology, 7(1), 1722354. https://doi.org/10.1080/23311908.2020.1722354
- Seth, H., Chadha, S., Sharma, S & Ruparel, N. (2020). Exploring predictors of working capital management efficiency and their influence on firm performance: An integrated DEA-SEM approach. Benchmarking: An International Journal
- Ruparel, N., Dhir, A., Tandon, A., Kaur, P., & Islam, J. U. (2020). The influence of online professional social media in human resource management: A systematic literature review. Technology in Society, 101335. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.techsoc.2020.101335
- Ruparel, N., Choubisa, R., Sharma, K., & Seth, H. Assessing the psychometric properties of cultural intelligence scale among Indian employees. Current Psychology, 1-12. https://doi.org/10.1007/s12144- 020-00814-0
- Seth, H., Chadha, S., Ruparel, N., Arora, P.K. & Sharma, S.K. (2020). Assessing working capital management efficiency of Indian manufacturing exporters, Managerial Finance, https://doi.org/10.1108/MF-02-2019-0076
- Ruparel, N., & Choubisa, R. (2020). Knowledge hiding in organizations: A retrospective narrative review and the way forward. Dynamic Relationships Management Journal. doi:10.17708/DRMJ.2020.v09n01a01
- Dubey, S., Ruparel, N. & Choubisa, R. (2019), Does organizational virtuousness and psychological capital impact employee performance: evidence from the banking sector, Development and Learning in Organizations https://doi.org/10.1108/DLO-08-2019-0190
- Chatterjee, I., Ruparel, N., Dubey, S. & Choubisa, R. (2018). Towards Bridging and Fostering Connections between Ideologies of Prominent Spiritual Awakening Institutions and Positive Psychological Practices. SummerHill: IIAS Review. 24(2), 44-49