Dr. Shilpa Bandyopadhyay
B.Sc.; M.Sc. (University of Calcutta);
PhD. (IIT Delhi)
Shilpa Bandyopadhyay, a PhD from IIT Delhi qualified UGC NET-JRF in November 2016, and is currently an Assistant Professor at the Jindal Institute of Behavioural Sciences. In her PhD thesis she explored the aging experience, well-being and social media representation of older people in the Indian context. The primary areas of her research interest are Geropsychology, Positive Psychology, Environmental Psychology, and Interpersonal Relationships, and she hopes to explore different facets of these areas in her research journey.
- Bandyopadhyay, S., & Singh, K. (2023). Aging in contemporary India: A qualitative inquiry. Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment, 1–29. https://doi.org/10.1080/10911359.2023.2267102
- Bandyopadhyay, S., and Singh, K. (2023). Successful Aging in the Indian Socio-cultural Milieu. Journal of Cross-cultural Gerontology. Link to the article: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10823-023-09476-4 [Indexing – Scopus].
- Singh, K., Bandyopadhyay, S., & Raina, M. (2022). Validation of the Child and Youth Resilience Measure-28 (CYRM-28) in India. Journal of Indian Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health, 18(3), 218 225. https://doi.org/10.1177/09731342221141453
- Bandyopadhyay, S. and Singh, K. (2022). The Portrayal of Older Indians on YouTube. Educational Gerontology. [Indexing – Scopus and Web of Science]
- Singh, K., Bandyopadhyay, S. and Saxena, G. (2022). An Exploratory Study on Subjective Perceptions of Happiness from India. Frontiers in Psychology. [Indexing – Scopus and Web of Science]
- Singh, K., Bandyopadhyay, S. and Tyagi, K. (2022). The Brief 35-item ARQ: Validation of the Adolescent Resilience Questionnaire in India. Psychological Studies. [Indexing – Scopus and Web of Science]
- Singh, K., and Bandyopadhyay, S. (2022). Perceived Happiness Determinants and Areas of Perceived Need for Future Intervention Programs: A Qualitative Study on Indian College students. Youth Voice Journal. [Indexing – Scopus]
- Singh, K., and Bandyopadhyay, S. (2021). Enhancing College Students Well-being: The Psycho-Spiritual Well-Being Intervention. Journal of Human Behavior in the Social Environment. [Indexing – Scopus and Web of Science]
- Singh, K., Dangi, S., and Bandyopadhyay, S. (2020). Well-being of Married Migrant and Non-migrant Women of Rural Haryana, Journal of the Indian Academy of Applied Psychology, 46 (1), 83-94. [Indexing – Index Copernicus]
- Bandyopadhyay, S., Singh, K. (2023). Happiness and Well-Being in Old Age. In: Singh, K., Saxena, G. (eds). Religious and Spiritual Practices in India. Springer, Singapore. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-99-2397-7_14
- Bandyopadhyay, S. and Singh, K. (2019). Web-based Interventions to Improve Quality of Life. In K. Singh and S. Sigroha (Eds.) Translational Research and Applied Psychology in India (pp. 285 – 340). New Delhi: SAGE Publications.
- Singh, K. and Bandyopadhyay, S. (2019) Research Methods in Applied Psychology – An Evaluation. In K. Singh and S. Sigroha (Eds.) Translational Research and Applied Psychology in India (pp. 59 – 94). New Delhi: SAGE Publications.