Forensic Science, Forensic genetics, Wildlife Forensics, Conservation Criminology
Ulhas V. Gondhali
Lecturer & Assistant Director (CVPS)
M.Sc. Forensic Science (Sardar Patel University), Doctoral Scholar (Mody Institute of Science & Technology)
Ulhas Vinay Gondhali is currently working as a Lecturer at Jindal Institute of Behavioral Sciences, O.P Jindal Global University. He received his Master’s in Forensic Science from Sardar Patel University and Bachelor’s in Biotechnology from Mumbai University. His work experience ranges from teaching to training forensic professionals and has worked with Maharashtra Police, Institute of Forensic Science (Mumbai). He is a strong advocate of nature conservation and is associated with the Forest Department on various activities on wildlife conservation. He has also completed a professional development course in Conservation Project Management and Implementation from the Nelson Institute of Environmental Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA.
He has qualified the UGC-NET Lectureship (Forensic Science) in 2012, and has more than six years of teaching and training experience. He has worked with the Institute of Forensic Science, Maharashtra Police; Jain University, Bangalore; and Mody University, Jaipur. He has been a member of the board of studies and has been pivotal in designing curriculum for graduate, undergraduate, and certificate courses for several universities. He has also trained the Mumbai police in crucial forensic techniques and was a key contributor in establishing a ‘Crime Scene Simulator’ at Maharashtra Police Training Centre, Mumbai.
He has experience in guiding multidisciplinary student research projects. His prime research interest is applications of forensic science in wildlife conservation. His ongoing doctoral work is on wildlife forensics and conservation genetics dedicated to the conservation of Black Bucks. He is working on a project on monitoring online illegal wildlife trade, which has the potential to forestall wildlife crimes on the internet.
- Mishra A., Gondhali U., Mishra S., Choudhary S.K. (2021). Assessment of Genetic Polymorphisms in the Rewa Population of Central India Using Y-Chromosomal STR Markers. Sovremennye tehnologii v medicine; 13(6): 43–55, http://dx.doi.org/10.17691/stm2021.13.6.05
- Jamal, F., Agarwal, R., Mishra, A., & Gondhali, U. (2021). Estimation of Stature from Foot Dimensions from Female Population of Rajasthan. Medico Legal Update, 21(2), 524-528.
- Mishra, A., Gondhali, U. & Choudhary, S. (2021). Estimating the Genetic Polymorphisms of Gujarat Population using 17 Y Chromosomal STR loci. OnLine Journal of Biological Sciences, 21(2), 388-394. DOI: 10.3844/ojbsci.2021.388.394
- Mishra, A., Kumari, A., Choudhary, S., Gondhali, U. (2021). Evaluation and comparison of population genetics software in Rabari tribe of Gujarat population.Egyptian Journal of Forensic Science, 11, 26. DOI: 10.1186/s41935-021-00239-1
- Mishra, A., Misra, S. & Gondhali, U. (2021) Genetic polymorphisms and phylogenetic analysis of the Gujarat population via 17 Y chromosomal STR systems. Rechtsmedizin. DOI:10.1007/s00194-021-00529-x
- Gondhali, U., Mishra, A. (2021) Wildlife DNA profiling and its forensic relevance. In Dash, H.R., Shrivastava, P., and Lorente, J.A. (Eds.) Handbook of DNA profiling. Springer Publications
- Mishra, A., Gondhali, U. (2021) Potential of DNA technique-based body fluid identification. In Dash, H.R., Shrivastava, P., and Lorente, J.A. (Eds.) Handbook of DNA profiling. Springer Publications