Penology, sexual minority rights, victim assistance, positive victimology, forensic victimology, financial criminology, restorative justice
Dr. Vipin Vijay Nair
Assistant Professor, Assistant Dean (Academics), Deputy Director (CVPS), Assistant Director (CCFS)
BBE (Delhi University), M.A. Criminology (LNJN NICFS), PhD (JIBS, JGU)
Vipin Vijay Nair is currently working as Assistant Professor and Assistant Dean at Jindal Institute of Behavioural Sciences, O.P Jindal Global University. He was awarded a doctorate degree in 2021 for his thesis titled “Exploring Coping Mechanism of Vulnerable & Victims of Commercial Sexual Exploitation: A Participatory Action Research in Rehabilitation & Protective Homes in India” from Jindal Institute of Behavioural Sciences, O. P. Jindal Global University and received his Master’s in Criminology from LNJN National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Sciences, GGSIPU, where he was awarded the University Silver medal for his academic and research vigour. He has qualified UGC-NET lectureship (Criminology) in 2016 and F-PACT Certification (Forensic Psychology) in 2019 under Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt. of India. He was invited as a resource person at two-day National workshop on “Career Advancement in Criminology”. He has been awarded the silver medal for Best Scientific Research paper at the 38th National Conference of Indian Society of Criminology in 2015. He is currently affiliated as Associate Educator with Association of Certified Fraud Examiner and Volunteer Educator with Professors without Border.
Prior to joining JGU, he worked for two years as an Analyst in XL Catlin, a multinational organisation that deals in risks associated with insurance policy management across globe. He assisted offshore underwriters in various process of insurance including Quote, Declination and Bound, supported the underwriters in Policy administration. In case of policy non-renewals, he was responsible for sending out the conditional / non-renewal policy documents and renew or decline the policy.
His key teaching areas are Victimology, Criminology, Penology and Criminal Justice System. At JGU, he has offered the following electives – Introduction to Victimology, Principles of Criminology, Penology & its Victimological Discourse, Financial Criminology.
Nair has completed many academic and individual research projects and is actively pursuing research in the field of victimology and criminology, with active involvement in the Centre of Victimology and Psychological Studies and Centre for Criminology and Forensic Studies at Jindal Institute of Behavioural Sciences, JGU. He is dedicated in contributing inter-disciplinary work in the field of victimology and criminology by working on articles, essays and research papers. He has presented in several International conferences across the globe. He is currently affiliated as member of few national and international organisations like World Society of Victimology, American Society of Criminology, British Society of Criminology, Indian Society of Criminology, Indian Criminology & Forensic Science Association and others.
Verma, S., & Nair, V. V. (2021). The Association between Early Marriage and Intimate Partner Violence in Egypt. Journal of Loss and Trauma, 1-13.
- Nair V.V., Sahni S.P. & Andzenge D.T. (2021). An Explorative Study of Coping Mechanisms towards Vulnerability & Victimization within Commercial Sexual Exploitation in India. International Journal Public Sociology & Sociotheraphy, 1(2), 51-61. ISSN: 2691-9192, DOI: 10.4018/IJPSS.2021070104
Nair, V. V., Sahni, S. P., & Andzenge, D. D. T. (2021). Experiences of survivors of commercial sexual exploitation availing rehabilitation at R&P homes in India. Torture Journal, 31(1), 64–75. https://doi.org/10.7146/torture.v31i1.121473
Varkey, S.A., & Nair, V.V. (2021). Understanding Moral and Social Deterrence of Crime Prevention: Revisiting Cesare Beccaria in Criminal Justice Systems of USA & India, Internet Journal of Restorative Justice: 2056-2985.
Nair, V. V. (2020). Drones as Futuristic Crime Prevention Strategy: Situational Review during COVID-19 Lockdown. Journal of Social Sciences, 64(1-3), 22-29.
Nair V.V (2019). Evolutionary Social Contract of Homosexuals in India, Indian Journal of Health, Sexuality and Culture, 5(1). pg. 18-26 (June 2019), ISSN: 2581-575X
Nair V.V (2019). The State of Victimization of Commercial Sex Workers in India, Journal of Legal Studies & Research, 5(1) (February 2019), ISSN 2455-2437
Nair V.V (2021). Crime Prevention & Victim Assistance: Two Sides of a Coin. In Shekhar B., Sahni S.P., Priyamvadha M, & Nair V.V. (Eds.) A Global Perspective on Victims of Crime and Victim Assistance: Best Practices around the World. Bloomsbury.
Nair V.V, Sahni S.P. & Andzenge D.T. (2021). Role of Victim Assistance Scheme in Effective Rehabilitation for Victims of Commercial Sexual Exploitation. In Shekhar B., Sahni S.P., Priyamvadha M., & Nair V.V. (Eds.) A Global Perspective on Victims of Crime and Victim Assistance: Best Practices around the World. Bloomsbury.
- Nair, V. V., & Varkey, S. A. (2021). From Victim to Criminality: Understanding Sex Trafficking Within the Walls of Sex Work – Victimization of Victims of Commercial Sexual Exploitation. In M. Pittaro (Ed.), Global Perspectives on Reforming the Criminal Justice System (pp. 288-308). IGI Global. http://doi:10.4018/978-1-7998-6884-2.ch016
Bhadra P., Nair V. V. (2021). Investigative Psychology through a Forensic Victimology Perspective in (Eds. S. P. Sahni, P. Bhadra) Criminal Psychology and the Criminal Justice System in India and Beyond. (Springer Singapore)
- Sahni S.P. & Nair V.V. (2020). The need for Financial Criminology in India over changing Global Financial Scenario. In Shekhar B, Sahni S.P(Eds.) A Global Perspective in Victimology & Criminology: Yesterday, Today & Tomorrow. Bloomsbury India.
- Nair V.V, Bhadra P, Sahni S.P (2019). Status of Refugees, Migrants and Criminal Law in India. In Bhadra P, Sahni S.P(Eds.) Crime and Criminal Law: Perspectives on Global Migration (pg. 17-36). New Delhi, India: Har-Anand Publisher
- Shekhar B., Sahni S.P., Priyamvadha M, & Nair, V.V. (2021) A Global Perspective on Victims of Crime and Victim Assistance: Best Practices around the World. Bloomsbury, Delhi, India.