CENTRE FOR VICTIMOLOGY & PSYCHOLOGICAL STUDIES
About the Centre
- Hope to bring together related scientific approaches and fields to develop an integrated and praxis-oriented body of knowledge in victimology and psychological studies
- Promote the development of victimological and psychological knowledge and disseminate it locally and globally
- Contribute to countering victimization worldwide wherever possible and will strive to alleviate the suffering of victims in India and globally
- Contribute to improve the services of victim assistance
- Focuses on interdisciplinary research in Victimology, Psychology, and allied disciplines
- Encourages dissemination of knowledge through collaborative projects, conferences, and community-based initiatives
- Encourage research in victimology and psychology
- Promote the integration of fields related to victimology and psychology
- Effectively reinforce the relationships between disciplines which are not yet sufficiently related to victimology
Organize symposia, conferences, seminars, colloquia, workshops, and presentations to bring together international and national experts for victimology and psychological study related deliberations to create new knowledge and to disseminate it.
Serve as a documentation centre to collect international contributions in the field of victimology and psychological studies and assist in making results and publication available to various scientist, students, and practitioners.
Publish a journal, viz. The Global Advances in Victimology and Psychological Studies
Develop and conduct trainings and certificate course in Victimology and psychological studies to enable practitioners in the related professions and in the criminal justice system to acquire knowledge for their profession
Organize internships for students. It will conduct postgraduate studies under the rubric of Asian Postgraduate in Victimology, Victim Assistance, and Criminal Justice for students and practitioners. It will open possibilities for master’s and doctoral course and research
It will serve as a Centre for Excellence to support criminal justice and victim assistance efforts locally, regionally, nationally, and globally with expertise and practical services wherever need and demanded.
Click on the heading to know more about our work and opportunities at the Centre.
7th International Conference of Victim Assistance with Indian Society of Victimology
15th Asian Postgraduate Conference on Victimology, Victim Assistance, and Criminal Justice with World Society of Victimology
8th International Conference of Victim Assistance with Indian Society of Victimology & South Asian Society of Criminology & Victimology
16th Asian Postgraduate Conference on Victimology, Victim Assistance, and Criminal Justice with World Society of Victimology